We’re seeking people to join our team that are passionate about what they do and even more passionate about our mission of Making Disciples, Reaching our World, and Developing Churches and Ministers. If you feel called to be part of this mission as an employee of Abundant Life Christian Center, please carefully review the required qualifications an
Personally spend time reading the Bible and praying.
Demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with biblical principle, always seeking God’s will and
wisdom, while serving Him and ALCC.
Let Christ over flow from your life into the ministry and maintain a servant attitude.
Full-time Salaried, Sunday - Thursday schedule.
Provide financial accounting, system and process management to process weekly donor contributions. Partner closely with the Controller and Director of Operations, to provide deep dive analytics on member and financial data to influence strategic decisions that drive efficient church growth, and support initiative advancement.
60% Accounting / Systems & Processes
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of volunteers for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Account Reconciliation.
- Review and process time and attendance in ADP Create and maintain work-flow processes for the business office and the purchasing department, regularly reviewing processes for efficiency to make improvements.
- Identify and resolve accounting and control issues.
- Maintain updated and accurate records and filing system to ensure efficiencies in operation of accounts receivables, collections and contributions.
- Maintain software user licenses and provide administration support and training for all accounting software.
- Establish internal control systems and risk management strategies to mitigate discrepancies and/or fraudulent activities.
- Assist in the annual financial audit by eternal CPA firm by researching and compiling data on donors, vendors and employees as necessary.
40% Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform ad hoc analysis for trends across ministries/departments and identify key opportunities for church growth and initiative advancement.
- Provide reporting to senior leadership for effective decision making, including P&L, trend analytics, quarterly and annual reports.
- Perform Year-End closings along with the Controller, as well as, prepare reports to reconcile and pay taxes and other vendors as directed
- Support ongoing forecasting efforts.
- Assists the budget management process by partnering with the ministry departments on successful delivery of ministry targets and related expenses, reviewing budgeted initiatives, balancing short and long-term impacts, and driving strategic focus.
- Work with the purchasing department to maintain receipts process for the bank statement reconciliation with department credit cards.
- Assist with department project budget management, tracking and providing financial consultation on projects.
- Assist with capital campaign development and funds tracking and reporting.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience, preferably in a not for profit environment.
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data - advanced Excel skills
- Completion of Transformed Life in the Abundant Life Institute within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, fact verification, study and research of pertinent financial data.· - - Bachelor’sDegree in Accounting preferred.
40 hours per week, Sunday – Thursday. Some weekends and evening hours required.
The purpose of the Audio Visual (AV) Technician is to ensure a quality sound experience for effective delivery of church service and associated events by managing sound equipment and working closely with a staff of volunteers.
Service and Event Production
- Set up and operate audio equipment including: microphones; sound speakers; audio monitors; recording equipment; connecting wires and cables; sound and mixing boards; and other related electronic equipment
- Compress, digitize, duplicate, and store audio data Monitor incoming and outgoing sound feeds to ensure quality
- Mix and regulate sound inputs and feeds, or coordinate audio feeds with production images
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the worship team and volunteer team
- Record audio material such as production soundtracks, using audio recording equipment Train a team of audio volunteers for church services and associated events
- Determine approaches and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints, utilizing research, knowledge, and training, working closely with Technical Director Collaborate on layouts of audio equipment, and perform upgrades and maintenance
- Notify Director when major equipment repairs are needed
- Present for all events, and event rehearsals Instruct musicians and worship team to on the proper use of all necessary equipment, such as microphones, headsets etc.
- Assist with the proper maintenance, storage and shut down of all audio and visual equipment following each service and/or weekly programming event.
- Set up, test and maintain audio and media equipment for the following areas: Student Life Youth Ministry Kid Life Children’s Ministry Discipleship Classrooms – Institute classes Life Chapel
- Associates Degree with 2 years media/production/audio/visual experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year experience, or equivalent work experiences
- Completion of Transformed Life in the Abundant Life Institute within 6months of hire.
This position is a minimum of 25 hours/week. Additional hours must be approved in advance bySupervisor. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Our central office is located at 7000 All Nations Blvd. East Syracuse, NY 13057. You can connect with someone via phone (315) 463-7300 or email us below.Email Us