We’re seeking people to join our team that are passionate about what they do and even more passionate about our mission of Making Disciples, Reaching our World, and Developing Churches and Ministers. If you feel called to be part of this mission as an employee of Abundant Life Christian Center, please carefully review the required qualifications an
Personally spend time reading the Bible and praying.
Demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with biblical principle, always seeking God’s will and
wisdom, while serving Him and ALCC.
Let Christ over flow from your life into the ministry and maintain a servant attitude.
Full-time Salaried, Sunday - Thursday schedule.
This role is responsible to perform a variety of accounting tasks to ensure that the general ledger reflects the accurate financial status of ALCC. This includes, but is not limited to accounts payable, revenue processing, bank transfers, account reconciliations, fixed asset management, journal entries and contract management.
60% Accounts Payable:
- Facilitate the process of receiving and posting invoices in the system with high attention to details
- Code invoices to correctly reflect departmental expenses, funding sources, payment dates and amounts due
- Identify discrepancies, determine and implement corrective action to resolve errors and relay information to Controller
- Review vendor statements on a regular basis to ensure there are no outstanding invoices on the account
- Prepare checks in-house, for vendors on a weekly basis.
- Pull and present all invoices for payment via Bill.com to Operations Director on a weekly basis
- Reconcile credit card account(s) monthly prior to payment
- Maintain the W9 files for all vendors
- Maintain all vendor contract files
- Prepare yearend 1099s
- Perform all other duties directed by the Comptroller
20% Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform regular reconciliations on assigned general ledger accounts
- Assist in researching budget vs actual variance and proposing journal entries
- Maintain the fixed asset master list
- Maintain the fixed asset depreciation schedule
- Prepare financial statements, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow, on a regular basis for review with the Controller
- Assist in the weekly processing of revenue; post donations and offerings in CCB, count cash with all team members, deposit checks into banking portal
- Backup for ADP Time and Attendance processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience, preferably in anon-profit environment with strong background in account reconciliations
- Associates Degree and 3 years of accounting experience will be considered; equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Completion of Transformed Life in the Abundant Life Institute within 6months of hire.
40 hours per week, Sunday – Thursday. Some weekends and evening hours required.
Our central office is located at 7000 All Nations Blvd. East Syracuse, NY 13057. You can connect with someone via phone (315) 463-7300 or email us below.